“Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever you can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser — in fees, expenses, and waste of time.” – Abraham Lincoln, 1850
Most civil disputes are resolved without filing a lawsuit, and most civil lawsuits are resolved without a trial. We offer Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) services to help you resolve your dispute without litigation. ADR is usually less formal, less expensive, and less time-consuming than a trial. Additionally, usually the entire ADR process is confidential, including any settlements.
The Turnbow Law Firm offers the following ADR services:
- Initial negotiations
- We are experienced negotiators having resolved numerous matters without the need for litigation
- The process of communication with one or both parties that teaches skills and empowers the parties to work out a resolution on their own
- Early neutral evaluation (ENE)
- Each party presents its case to an impartial facilitator (“evaluator”) who gives an opinion on the strengths and weaknesses of each party’s evidence and arguments and about how the dispute could be resolved
- Independent communications between parties and an impartial facilitator to achieve an agreement between the parties
- Process in which one or more impartial facilitators (“mediators”) mediate communication between the parties to assist them in reaching reconciliation, settlement, or other resolution
- Voluntary adjudication process in which an impartial facilitator (“arbitrator”) conducts hearings, receives spoken or written evidence from the parties and their witnesses, and executes a decision that may be binding or non-binding depending on the consent of the parties. If binding, you may bring the decision to a court for enforcement
Learn more about the types of ADR processes that are available and the political benefits of using ADR by calling us today.